Coalition of St. Lucie County
Healthy Start Coalition of St. Lucie County’s Mission, Vision, Philosophy, Core Values, Goals & Strategies
Our Mission: Every baby, is a healthy baby.
Our Vision: St. Lucie County will be known as THE county with the healthiest babies!
Our Philosophy: All women and babies deserve access to maternal child health care.
• All moms are treated with dignity and respect
• Every baby deserves a healthy start
• Courage is essential in speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves
• Act with integrity, humility & positive intent
• Diversity is respected and valued
• Sensitivity and compassion drive our actions
• Improve pregnancy outcomes
• Increase healthy child development
• Decrease low birth weight and preterm births
• Reduce infant mortality rates
• Reduce disparity in fetal demise, infant mortality and maternal mortality
• Promote healthy growth and development in all children up to age three in St. Lucie County.
• Universal screening of pregnant women and newborns
• Increased access to prenatal care, interconception care and pediatric care
• Wrap around services, education, and support to promote positive birth outcomes, and protect the health and well-being of all mothers and children in St. Lucie County
• Provide risk appropriate care
• Address social determinants of health
• Connect moms and babies to needed services
The Coalition is a private 501(c)3 and seeks charitable contributions of your time, talent or treasures for children and families in our programs. For more information, please call 772-467-2016.
Having a baby is a big life event. It’s natural to experience a range of emotions during pregnancy and after giving birth. But if any difficult feelings start to have a big effect on your day-to-day life, counseling services can help.